Ambience = 4.5/5
Food = 3/5
Service = 2.5/5
Twenty-9 all day dining restaurant is located on the ground floor of Hotel Piccadily. The Piccadily, New Delhi is located in the west of New Delhi at Janakpuri, 18km from the airport and next to the Janakpuri District Centre, the hotel is just a short walk from the Janakpuri West Metro Station and a 30-minute drive from Connaught Place from the City Centre and Gurgaon.
Went to Twenty-9 after a gap of couple of years. Last time I have visited when Hilton brand was attached to this 5 star property.
*Ambience – Located on the ground floor of Hotel Piccadilly, just on the right side from main entrance. Nice decor, Sitting is comfortable and AC cooling could be better.
*Service – The beauty of the 5 star property is to get the best service but here twenty-9 disappointed. They took too much time to serve the first round of drinks and during this waiting period, we already have done with the starters.
*Drinks – I ordered *bloody marry but it was not available then I asked for Cosmopolitan. Took very very long time to serve this first drink. There was hardly any alcohol in the drink, it was like sharbat. The next drink I had Margarita. It was served quickly. Taste was perfect.
*Food – The buffet spread is extensive, ranging from Indian street food gol gappa, North Indian, Chinese, Lebanese, Live counters, Salad station and Desserts.
- Not much to offer in non veg starters, though the lemon fish was good
- Paneer tikka was not fresh, anyone can judge the freshness just by having a small piece
- 4 types of paani was available with gol gappas. I liked meetha, khata and hing pani but didn’t enjoyed the 4th paani ie Kaanji. Kaanji served as 4th paani with gol gappas. Combination of Kaanji with golgappa….don’t know. I didn’t liked it
- I liked tandoori chicken salad and pineapple pickle
- In main course dishes, nothing special to share though I like the gravey of mutton but pieces was not so soft.
- Butter naan was like butter roti.
- Shezwan chicken and Hakka noodles was good.
- I went to have the chicken gravey dish 2-3 times but no one re-filled the empty …… So I didn’t tried that dish.
Overall Buffet was pretty ordinary and tried almost everything in veg and non veg. I liked chicken Shezwan, Hakka chowmein, butter fish, tandoori chicken salad, pineapple pickle and in dessert I liked kheer only.